Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Better late than never

The Girls won 3rd place!
This isn't all their team, girls had to leave for a choir concert!
















So the season is almost over and I am just now posting. Sage made the 7Th grade A basketball team. She is a starter and much better than her mother ever thought about being. She LOVES it!! She is a real go getter. And I think the coaches like her because she takes directions well. We have been very proud of her. She does get yelled at A LOT from my father and me. As a matter of fact another players mother thinks she is abused because we yell at her so much.( And I am not kidding!! She hates us, It is rather funny!!) The mother yelled at us and told us we needed to read more articles ( whatever that means) and have positive reassurance for the girls. It even went around the school, that when she doesn't play well, I lock her in her room and make her cry. People are CRAZY!!!!! We get a good laugh at of the deal anyways. I want to tell her, you parent your child as you choice, and I will parent mine as I choice. We only yell at Sage and encourage the other girls. And you all know me, I can't keep my mouth shut. I just except more out of Sage! But needless to say, WE ARE VERY PROUD OF HER AND LOVE HER MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!!

I am going to try to get some video of her playing for her Aunt Lacy . She really want you to see her play. After about every game she ask, When will Aunt Lacy get to come watch me. Billie and I tell her she is CRAZY!! We can't even get her to come for a visit!!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

I am cracking up about the whole yelling thing! Sage probably wouldn't know what to do if she couldn't hear you from the stands. Hurry up and post a video! I would love to see it!

Unknown said...

HAHA! You guys yell from the stands, that sounds crazy!!! LOL! Please, how can you go to basketball games and not yell for your girl! Sage is such a great gal!

The Loves of Lacy said...

Oh man!!! I would love to come watch her......move back so I can come to every game!!! I can't wait to see the video!!!! I'm so proud of you too Sage, I'm sorry I can't make it but one day I promise I will come!!! Keep playing hard and Tara keep yelling....screw that mother and what in the heck does read an article mean???!!!! Love you guys!

The Garvie Family said...

"Read an article"...what in the world does that mean? People just haven't figured you out yet - you aren't yelling, you just have a voice that can really carry.

Tessa said...

I to would love to see a video of Sage playing ball, I bet you can show those texans how to play Oklahoma style. Keep working hard and know that your mother only yells, because she loves you!! I also would like to see a video of Mom cheerleading for you.

Lisa said...

LOL, a Meadows not yell, ahh come on. You go girl, keep that lady in her place and next time sit right beside her. Do you think that will get her goat.... Great job Sage we are all proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Becky said...

I don't know why your yell - I'm sure you girls were never yelled at as players :D I always felt that yelling during ballgames just built the girls character, don't you?